Enter legal issue and location
About Marc H. Garelick
Current Employment Position(s)
- California, 2008
- Orange County Bar Association, Family Law Section (Executive Committee Member)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- OCJBA (Member)
- Anti-Defamation League – Glass Leadership Institute (Member)
Pro Bono Activities
- Jewish Federation – Board of Directors, Engagement Chair
- Jewish Federation – Solomon Society, Member
- Jewish National Fund, Orange County Board of Directors JNF
- Lawyers for Israel, Chair
- Southwestern Law School, Los Angeles, California, 2008
- University of California, Irvine, California, 2002
Fraternities and Sororities
- Phi Kappa Psi
Accepts Credit Cards
- “Beware of the Pitfalls of Estate Planning During A Divorce,” Los Angeles Daily Journal, 2013
- What is a Gavron Warning & Who Is At Risk For Receiving One From the Court During a Divorce (celebrity divorce) - https://crntalk.com/podcast/divorce/2023/Divorce%20Hour%20091623.mp3, “The Divorce Hour with Ilyssa Panitz”, 102, 2023
10100 Santa Monica Blvd.Suite 1425 Los Angeles, CA 90067- 4149
Other Sources of Feedback About Marc H. Garelick
Included on the 2024 Southern California list
- 2023 Southern California Super Lawyers list
- 2019 Southern California Super Lawyers list
- 2018 Southern California Super Lawyers list
- 2017 Southern California Super Lawyers list
- 2016 Southern California Super Lawyers list
- 2015 Southern California Super Lawyers list
- 2014 Southern California Super Lawyers list
- Lawdragon 500 Leading Family Lawyers: 2024
- Selected to Super Lawyers 2023
- Orange County Visionary, Selected by LA Times B2B Publishing, 2023
- Southern California Super Lawyers "Rising Star", 2014–19
- JFFS, Blossom Siegel Young Leadership Award, 2017
- Southwestern Law School, Dorothy Balisok Elder Advocacy Scholarship
- American Bar Association, Silver Key
- IRS VITA Grant Program, Membership Start-up Awards
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.