San Diego Estate Planning Lawyer
Prior to joining Frisella Neilson, APC, Mr. Hoff worked in probate, estate planning, and trust administration in San Diego, as well as tax law and conservatorships/guardianships. Additionally, Mr. Hoff has experience in business law working at a large multinational firm in Paris, France.
Mr. Hoff is fluent in French having lived most of his childhood in Paris. He attended boarding school at Choate Rosemary Hall in Connecticut before moving to San Diego. Mr. Hoff has volunteered with Big Brother Big Sisters of America, a non-profit organization whose goal is to help all children reach their potential through professionally supported, one-to-one relationships with volunteer mentors.
Mr. Hoff enjoys watching sports, talking politics, and traveling.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.