Enter legal issue and location
Los Angeles Eminent Domain Lawyer
Mr. Barbato joined BDG's practice as an associate attorney in January 2016 and has since been promoted to Of Counsel. Before that, Mr. Barbato was an associate attorney at an AM LAW 100 international law firm, where he primarily practiced civil litigation and employment law.
Mr. Barbato is admitted to practice law in California and Oregon. He received his law degree from UCLA School of Law in 2014. While in law school, Mr. Barbato was a judicial extern to the Honorable Margaret M. Morrow (Ret.), U.S. District Court for the Central District of California. He was also a Managing Editor for the UCLA Law Review and an Articles Editor for the UCLA Journal of Environmental Law & Policy. Mr. Barbato received his undergraduate degrees in Economics and Geography from UCLA in 2010, where he was a member of the UCLA marching band.
About Jason J. Barbato
- Eminent Domain
- Civil Litigation
- Property Disputes
- California, 2014
- Oregon, 2019
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- UCLA School of Law, Los Angeles, California, 2014
Honors: Top Honors in Employment Law, Land Use Law, Environmental Law, and Negotiation Theory
Honors: Judicial Extern for United States District Court, Central District of California Judge Margaret Morrow (Ret.)
Law Journal: UCLA Journal of Environmental Law and Policy, Articles Editor
- UCLA, 2010
Honors: magna cum laude
Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
Major: Economics, Geography
Accepts Credit Cards
- For Now, Locals on Their Own to Implement Sanctuary State Bill, Los Angeles Daily Journal, October 31, 2017
- Top 10 Updates to the California Family Rights Act Regulations, Employee Relations Law Journal, Vol. 41, No. 3, at p. 45 (Winter 2015)
10880 Wilshire Blvd.Suite 1015 Los Angeles, CA 90024
Other Sources of Feedback About Jason J. Barbato
Included on the 2023 Southern California list
- 2022 Southern California Super Lawyers list
- 2021 Southern California Super Lawyers list
- 2020 Southern California Super Lawyers list
- 2019 Southern California Super Lawyers list
- 2018 Southern California Super Lawyers list
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.