Enter legal issue and location
Bakersfield Agriculture Lawyer
A small sample of the cases Mr. Carrick has handled includes:
- Represented a small municipality in connection with the preparation of an amended environmental impact report for a major commercial development, and successfully defended the report in both the superior court and Court of Appeal
- Represented the purchaser of a large industrial facility in successfully litigating a dispute with the seller under an environmental indemnity agreement
- Defended companies involved in oil production and glass manufacturing in administrative actions brought by the San Joaquin Valley Unified Air Pollution Control District
- Defended and successfully resolved a malpractice claim against an environmental consulting firm
- Defended small businesses against enforcement actions by the United States Environmental Protection Agency under CERCLA and FIFRA
- Defended and successfully resolved an indemnity claim brought against a recycler of municipal waste
About Patrick C. Carrick
Current Employment Position(s)
- Civil Litigation
- Public Agency
- Oil & Gas
- American Bar Association (Member)
- American Bar Association - Business, Environmental, and Administrative law sections (Member)
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law, Los Angeles, California, 1974
Honors: Member of Order of the Coif
Law Review: Southern California Law Review, Note and Article Editor, 1973 - 1974
- University of Southern California, 1971
Fraternities and Sororities
- Phi Beta Kappa
5001 E. Commercenter DriveSuite 300 Bakersfield, CA 93309
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.