Enter legal issue and location
400 West Roosevelt Road Wheaton, IL 60187
Prairie State Legal Services, Inc. (Main Office) 303 North Main Street Suite 600 Rockford, IL 61101 815-965-2134
Prairie State Legal Services, Inc. 1021 Clinton Street Ottawa, IL 61350 815-434-5903
Prairie State Legal Services, Inc. 191 South Chicago Avenue Kankakee, IL 60901 815-935-2750
Prairie State Legal Services, Inc. 311 East Main Street Suite 302 Galesburg, IL 61401 309-343-2141
Prairie State Legal Services, Inc. 18 West Cass Street 5th Floor Joliet, IL 60432 815-727-5123
Prairie State Legal Services, Inc. 5320 West Elm Street McHenry, IL 60050 815-344-9113
Prairie State Legal Services, Inc. 411 Hamilton Boulevard Suite 1812 Peoria, IL 61602 309-674-9831
Prairie State Legal Services, Inc. 201 West Olive Street Suite 203 Bloomington, IL 61701 309-827-5021
Prairie State Legal Services, Inc. 1600 Fourth Avenue Suite 200 Rock Island, IL 61201 309-794-1328
Prairie State Legal Services, Inc. 325 West Washington Street Suite 100 Waukegan, IL 60085 847-662-6925
Prairie State Legal Services, Inc. 1024 West Main Street St. Charles, IL 60174 630-232-9415
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.