Enter legal issue and location
Miami Immigration and Nationality Law Lawyer
Kevin earned his J.D...
Kevin earned his J.D... Kevin became a lawyer so he could make a difference. The firm's mission is to provide all members of the community access to legal representation regardless of position, race, origin, or status. We place an emphasis on representing those who are often overlooked in the system whether poor, persons of color, minority, or immigrant.
Kevin earned his J.D. from St. Thomas University School of Law, where he was awarded a Merit Scholarship, served on the Moot Court Board, and participated in the school bankruptcy clinic. Prior to establishing his own practice, Kevin spent several years at boutique law firms where he represented numerous individuals and companies in complex commercial, real estate, bankruptcy, and personal injury cases. Experienced in high-conflict litigation negotiation, Kevin can achieve your best results through mediation or in the courtroom. Kevin strives to be your attorney for life by using a compassionate and caring approach to the practice of law.
The legal team at The Ackerman Law Firm, P.A. has a proven reputation for providing personalized legal counsel to immigrants and their families in the South Florida area, including Fort Lauderdale and Miami. Focusing on Immigration, Nationality, and Asylum law we bring detailed preparation, professionalism, and expertise to every case. Our staff is knowledgeable about the latest immigration news and USCIS policies, and our results have proven successful for countless clients and their families.
About Kevin P. Ackerman Esq.
Current Employment Position(s)
- English (Primary)
- Immigration and Nationality Law 60%
- Business & Real Estate Law 20%
- Bankruptcy 20%
- Florida, 2015
- U.S. District Court, 2015
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, 2018 - Present (Member)
Pro Bono Activities
- AILA South Florida Pro-bono Committee, 2018 - 2020
- Hagen & Hagen, P.A., Associate, 2014 - 2016
- St. Thomas University School of Law, Miami Gardens, Florida, 2013
Honors: Dean's List
Accepts Credit Cards
80 S.W. 8th StreetSuite 2000 Miami, FL 33130
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.