Enter legal issue and location
Texarkana Family Law Firm
About John Delk Attorney at Law
- English (Primary)
- Family Law 40%
- Criminal Defense 30%
- Probate 20%
- Personal Injury 10%
- Angelo State University Distinguished Alumni, 2018
- Lone Star Legal Aid Most Contested Cases Handled, 2017 - 2019
Classes and Seminars
- Remembering the Church in your Estate Plan, St. Mary's Episcopal Church, 2007 - 2008
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer Lone Star Legal Aid Texarkana, 2005 - Present
- Pro Bono College of the State Bar of Texas, 2015 - Present
- Black Financial Group
- Owens Trucking, LLC
- Shelby's Service Center and Tires
- Texark Wings, Inc. dba Wing Stop
- Mark Burgess
- Jay Maguire
- Jeff Harris
- Israel Klein
- Competitive Youth Soccer Coach (FIFA Class E License)
- Soccer Referee
- John S. Delk II (Founding Attorney)
Accepts Credit Cards
1302 Olive Street Texarkana, TX 75501
Monday- Thurday: 8:00AM-5:00PM, Friday: 8:00AM-3:00PM Saturday-Sunday: By Special Appointment Only
- (903) 794-1234
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our West Legal Directory disclaimers. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.