Los Angeles Employment Law Lawyer
Prior to joining Schonbrun Seplow Harris and Hoffman, Ms. Dawley was a University of California, Irvine, Public Interest Fellow at the Elder Law and Disability Rights Center. Her time there focused on civil rights work on behalf of individuals experiencing homelessness in Orange County and estate planning.
During Law School, Ms. Dawley participated in Moot Court both as a competitor and on the board. As a law student, she also had the honor of participating in the Appellate Litigation Clinic where she argued in front of the Ninth Circuit on behalf of an inmate regarding civil rights violations. During her summers, Ms. Dawley was a Judicial Extern for the Honorable Jay Gandhi, a magistrate judge in the Central District of California, and a law clerk at the City Attorney’s Office.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.