Enter legal issue and location
Wauwatosa Criminal Law Lawyer
Attorney Gaertner has defended and litigated cases ranging from homicide, sexual assault, domestic violence, drug offenses, drunk driving, theft, and weapons violations...
Attorney Gaertner has defended and litigated cases ranging from homicide, sexual assault, domestic violence, drug offenses, drunk driving, theft, and weapons violations... Attorney Kevin Gaertner is a Wisconsin native and has been practicing criminal defense for almost 20 years. He is an experienced trial attorney having tried and won the majority of his trials which is quite an accomplishment for a criminal defense practitioner whose clients often have the odds stacked against them.
Attorney Gaertner has defended and litigated cases ranging from homicide, sexual assault, domestic violence, drug offenses, drunk driving, theft, and weapons violations. He also has extensive experience in defending against traffic violations and restraining orders. Attorney Gaertner's years and breadth of experience really help his clients because he is able to assess the strength and weaknesses of a case in order to provide sound legal advice. He is respected by prosecutors and judges across Wisconsin for his measured and effective approach.
Attorney Gaertner is a Senior Attorney with our firm and handles cases from traffic offenses, to drunk driving, to homicide. He is able to represent people in any criminal matter. He is also skilled at defending against restraining orders and has handled numerous criminal appeals.
Attorney Gaertner is a member of the Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Milwaukee Bar Association, Waukesha County Bar Association, and Washington County Bar Association.
- Law Firm Info
- Go through email verification, and reviewers must verify their email addresses.
- Can be confirmed and flagged as a verified client by law firms.
- Can be reported and subjected to removal if they violate FindLaw.com's Terms of Service.
Click here to view our Terms of Service.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.