Canton Personal Injury Law Firm
OWEN O’NEILL LAW GROUP, LLC ("OOLG") is a suburban Boston law firm engaged in the general practice of law, with specialization in the trial of civil cases in all of the state and federal courts, administrative boards and tribunals in Massachusetts. Attorney Owen R. O’Neill has a great deal of experience in representing clients in complex tort and contract actions, including matters involving product liability, medical and non-medical professional liability, construction disputes, premises liability, and motor vehicle accidents. Attorney O’Neill is approved counsel for several commercial and personal lines insurance carriers, and defends corporate and individual insureds in courts throughout Massachusetts. Attorney O’Neill also serves as defense counsel to a major automobile manufacturer and its servicing dealerships in a wide variety of matters involving allegations of product liability and breach of warranty. Attorney O'Neill also represents attorneys and various medical and dental professionals in matters pending before state licensing boards. In addition, Attorney O’Neill and Ryan E. Toombs, an Associate at OOLG, represent individuals in a wide variety of personal injury matters, including claims arising out of construction and industrial site accidents, claims involving defective and dangerous products, medical malpractice claims and other matters involving professional liability.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.