Enter legal issue and location
Abilene Criminal Defense Law Firm
About Willhelm Law Firm
- Criminal Defense
Offers Free Initial Consultation
Accepts Credit Cards
500 Chestnut St.Suite 1509 Abilene, TX 79602
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
Recommends this Law Firm
We had a very big criminal problem and Kevin Willhelm handle the issue with no problem. I would highly recommend Kevin Willhelm.
Recommends this Law Firm
Kevin Willhelm is conscientious and thoughtful. He evaluated our case thoroughly and gave us accurate analysis of our situation. He gave good advice and resolved our case in the best possible way.
The only problem I have with Mr. Willhelm is his paralegal Amy Wright. She is rude and disrespectful and a stain on his character. Good luck in trying to speak with Mr. Wilhelm. You can’t leave a private message to him. All emails go through office staff and they determine what emails he will see. The only reason I would not recommend this law firm is because of his “help.” He was court appointed.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.