Enter legal issue and location
Canonsburg Energy Law Lawyer
About Alexander T. McElroy
Current Employment Position(s)
- Energy Law
- West Virginia
- International Right of Way Association, 2019 - Present (Treasurer)
- Allegheny County Bar Association, 2014 - Present (Member)
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Northern Appalachian Landman’s Association
- Three Rivers Desk & Derrick Association
Classes and Seminars
- Guest on Land and Legal Live – Discussion of Briggs vs. Southwestern Energy (June 2019)
- An Overview of Pennsylvania’s Abandoned and Blighted Property Conservatorship Act – Pittsburgh Real Estate Investors Association (April 2019)
- How Master Negotiators thrive in the face of Chaos and Uncertainty – Pittsburgh Right of Way Group (November 2018)
- Tackling Real Estate Title – Pittsburgh Real Estate Investors Association (January 2018)
- Pennsylvania’s Energy Market: The Current State and Future – Moderator for Panel Discussion – ACBA Environmental & Energy Law Section CLE (November 2017)
- Applying the Ohio Marketable Title Act, and Dormant Mineral Act, to Extinguish Ancient Oil and Gas Severances – AAPL Appalachian Land Institute 2017 (October 2017)
- The (Un)Settling of Ohio’s Dormant Mineral Act and Ohio Case Update – Michael Late Benedum Chapter of the AAPL – Road to Recovery Seminar – (March 2017)
- Elexco Land Services Inc., Client Project Mgr/In-House Counsel, 2011 - 2013
- Pepperl+Fuchs GmbH, Web Application Engineer, 2003 - 2007
- Civil Litigation and Mediation Law Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio , Legal Intern, 2009 - 2010
- Community Development Law Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio , Law Clerk, - 2009
- International Trade Centre (ITC), Geneva, Switzerland, Export Strategy Intern, - 2008
- Case Western Reserve University Law School, Cleveland, Ohio, 2010
- Purdue University Krannert School of Management, 2002
Major: Industrial Management
- Case Western Reserve University Weatherhead School of Management, 2010
Fraternities and Sororities
- Alpha Kappa Psi
Accepts Credit Cards
- Practice Tips: How to Apply Ohio’s Newly Interpreted Dormant Mineral Act, Ohio Lawyer Magazine, Vol. 31. No. 2 (March/April 2017)
- The (un)settling of Ohio’s Dormant Mineral Act, Ohio State Bar Association News (February 15, 2017)
- Ohio’s Dormant Mineral Act – Current and Unresolved Issues, The Capital University Law Review, 44 CAP. U. L. REV. 2 (May 2016)
- The Walking Dodd, Ohio Lawyer Magazine, Vol 29. No. 6 (November/December 2015)
125 Technology DriveSuite 207 Canonsburg, PA 15317
- Frederick K. Cox Service Award for L.L.M. Student Mentor Leadership, - 2010
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, - 2010
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.