Enter legal issue and location
Garden City Personal Injury Lawyer
After graduatin ...
After graduatin ... Yamile Kalkach was born and raised in Mexico City. She earned her bachelor's degree in law at Universidad Panamericana, Mexico's best-ranked school of law. She worked four years at the Labor and Employment and Corporate Law department in Von Wobeser y Sierra, S.C., among Mexico's top ranked law firms. As her career developed she decided to pursue a Master of Laws at Fordham University School of Law, where she became the LL.M. representative of the Latin Law Students Association.
After graduating, Yamile worked as a research assistant for Reed Professor of Law Daniel Capra, then she decided to move to Switzerland to work at the NORMES department in the International Labour Organization, where she also held the president of the intern board position representing her peers before the trade union and human resources department.
Afterwards, she became an external advisor for a Mexican Confederation of Unions, position that open the door to become a representative of mexican workers before the International Labour Conference 2019, in Geneva.
Finally, Yamile decided to return to the United States to take the bar exam, and also become an attorney in New York. Soon after that, she joined Chopra and Nocerino, where she focuses on car accidents and premises liability cases.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.