Enter legal issue and location
Houston Property Owners Association Law Lawyer
About Trisha Taylor Farine
- Property Owners Association Law
- Residential and Commercial Real Estate
- Corporate Law
- Civil Appellate Work
- Greatwood Community Association, Inc. v. Prince David Ofor, No. 01-11-00509-CV, Tex. App. (Tex.App.—Houston [1st Dist.], mem. op.) (2012)
- Waterford Harbor Master Assn. v. Michael Landolt and Ann Wismer, No. 14-13-00817-CV, Tex. App. (Tex.App. Houston [14th Dist.], mem. op.) (2015)
- Supreme Court of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Specialties and Certifications
- Board Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Property Owners Association Law, 2019 - Present
- Board Certified by Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Residential Real Estate Law, 2005 - Present
- Board Certified by Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Commercial Real Estate Law, 2005 - Present
- Houston Bar Association
- Galveston County Bar Association
Classes and Seminars
- Author/Speaker, Community Association Transition and Management, NBI, July, 2007
- Speaker/Author, Faculty Member, Handling your first (or next) HOA Assessment Lien Foreclosure for Condos & Subdivisions, State Bar of Texas CLE, 2014 to 2014
- Speaker/Co-Author, Community Association Law” Houston Bar Association, 2013 to 2013
- Co-Author/Speaker, Community Association Law, Houston Bar Association, February, 2011
- Co-Author, Community Association Law: Houston Has No Zoning, but Thousands of Deed Restrictions!, April, 2011
- Author, Role of the Attorney in an HOA Foreclosure, State Bar of Texas, November, 2014
- Speaker/Author, Amending POA Governing Documents, State Bar of Texas CLE, 2018 to 2018
- Advanced Property Owners Association Law, State Bar CLE Course Planning Committee, 2018 to 2021
- Speaker/Author, Landmark Texas Property Owners Association Cases, 2019 to 2019
- Speaker/Author: “Landmark Texas POA Cases” State Bar of Texas CLE, September. 2019
- Speaker/Author, Payment Dilemmas in POA Collections, 2020 to 2020
- Speaker/Author: "Payment Dilemmas in POA Collection" State Bar of Texas CLE, September. 2020
- Speaker/Author: POA Committees and Task Forces State Bar of Texas CLE, September. 2021
Pro Bono Activities
- Greater Houston Chapter of Community Associations Institute (CAI)
- Texas Community Association Advocates, Board of Directors, 2018 - 2019
- Texas Community Association Advocates, Advisory Committee
- Exam Commission Member (2018-present), Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Property Owners Association Law , 2018 - 2019
- State Bar of Texas, Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Bill Review Committee, Texas Community Association Advocates & Texas Legislative Action Committee (TLAC)
- Amicus Review Committee Member (Jan., 2023–present), College of Community Association Lawyers, Community Associations Institute.
- University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas, 1998
- University of Houston, 1992
Honors: cum laude
Major: Interdisciplinary Studies
17044 El Camino Real Houston, TX 77058- 2630
8am – 5pm
Other Sources of Feedback About Trisha Taylor Farine
Included on the 2005 Texas list
- 2004 Texas Super Lawyers list
- Texas Bar College, Society of Legal Scholars, 2022 - Present
- Listed, Houston's Top Lawyers, H Texas Magazine, 2018 - Present
- Listed, Thomson Reuters Super Lawyers “Rising Stars”, 2004 - 2005
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.