Enter legal issue and location
Chicago Family Law Lawyer
About Nicole Onorato
- Family Law
- Child Support
- Custody and Visitation
- Domestic Violence
- Litigation and Appeals
- Same-Sex Family Law
- Grandparent and Third-Party Visitation
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
- Illinois, 2004
- ISBA (Member)
- DePaul University Family Law Advisory Board (Member)
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, Member
Classes and Seminars
- Ethical Dilemmas in Family Law, IICLE Family Law Webcast
- Maintenance in Family Law Cases, IICLE Family Law Webcast
- Advanced Custody & Visitation Issues - Social Media Evidence, ISBA
- Social Media and Divorce, IICLE Family Law Webcast
- Practice Tips & Pointers on Child-Related Issues, ISBA
Pro Bono Activities
- Domestic Violence Legal Clinic (Ascend Justice), Volunteer Attorney, 2017 - Present
- DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois, 2004
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wisconsin, 1997
Major: Psychology and Gender Studies
Accepts Credit Cards
53 W. Jackson BlvdSuite 1318 Chicago, IL 60604
- Illinois Super Lawyers, 2022 - 2024
- DePaul University College of Law 2019 Pro Bono Alumni Award
- Leading Lawyer - Illinois, 2013 - 2015
- Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2011 - 2014
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.