Enter legal issue and location
Prairieville Family Law Lawyer
Prior to law school, Janeane attended Centenary College of Louisiana in Shreveport, where she received a Bachelor of Arts in History, with minors in Political Science and German. Janeane then attended Southern University Law Center and was admitted to the Louisiana State Bar Association in 2015.
Since 2011, Janeane has been a volunteer of the Sexual Trauma and Awareness center in Baton Rouge, where she dedicates her time assisting victims through hospital and phone advocacy. She has also been an active volunteer at the Self-Help desk with the Family Court of East Baton Rouge since October 2015 and has been an integral part in starting the Ascension Parish Self Help Center. Janeane was named the Louisiana State Bar Association Young Lawyers Division Pro Bono Attorney of the year in 2017 for her outstanding work dedicated to helping her communities. Janeane is a member of the Louisiana State Bar Association, Baton Rouge Bar Association, 23rd Judicial District Court Bar Association, and 21st Judicial District Court Bar Association. Janeane is married to Nicholas Z. Abbott, Attorney at Law.
At Abbott Prescott our mission is to provide personalized legal representation in the Family Law areas, utilizing innovative and cost-effective methods to protect you and your family:
· Child support
· Custody and visitation
· Spousal support
· Property settlements
· Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
- Law Firm Info
- Go through email verification, and reviewers must verify their email addresses.
- Can be confirmed and flagged as a verified client by law firms.
- Can be reported and subjected to removal if they violate FindLaw.com's Terms of Service.
Click here to view our Terms of Service.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.