Enter legal issue and location
Prairieville Family Law Lawyer
Prior to law school, Janeane attended Centenary College of Louisiana in Shreveport, where she received a Bachelor of Arts in History, with minors in Political Science and German. Janeane then attended Southern University Law Center and was admitted to the Louisiana State Bar Association in 2015.
Since 2011, Janeane has been a volunteer of the Sexual Trauma and Awareness center in Baton Rouge, where she dedicates her time assisting victims through hospital and phone advocacy. She has also been an active volunteer at the Self-Help desk with the Family Court of East Baton Rouge since October 2015 and has been an integral part in starting the Ascension Parish Self Help Center. Janeane was named the Louisiana State Bar Association Young Lawyers Division Pro Bono Attorney of the year in 2017 for her outstanding work dedicated to helping her communities. Janeane is a member of the Louisiana State Bar Association, Baton Rouge Bar Association, 23rd Judicial District Court Bar Association, and 21st Judicial District Court Bar Association. Janeane is married to Nicholas Z. Abbott, Attorney at Law.
At Abbott Prescott our mission is to provide personalized legal representation in the Family Law areas, utilizing innovative and cost-effective methods to protect you and your family:
· Child support
· Custody and visitation
· Spousal support
· Property settlements
· Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
About Janeane Abbott
- Family Law
- Child Support
- Custody and Visitation
- Spousal Support
- Property Settlements
- Prenutpital and Postnuptial Agreements
- Louisiana, 2015
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Baton Rouge Bar Association
- 23rd Judicial District Bar Association
- 21st Judicial District Bar Association
Pro Bono Activities
- Sexual Trauma and Awareness Center
- Baton Rouge Bar Association Self Help Resource Center
- Southern University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Centenary College, Shreveport, Louisiana
16260 Airline HighwaySuite E Prairieville, LA 70769
Mon to Fri 08:00 am – 05:00 pm – By Appointment Only
- 2017 LSBA Young Lawyers Division Pro Bono Attorney of the Year
- President of the 23rd Judicial District Bar Association
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.