Enter legal issue and location
Tulsa Oil & Gas Title and Litigation Lawyer
Courteney understands the complexity and value in an industry deeply rooted in the business landscape of the Midwest. Her primary practice focuses on oil and gas litigation and title...
Courteney understands the complexity and value in an industry deeply rooted in the business landscape of the Midwest. Her primary practice focuses on oil and gas litigation and title... Courteney Sturgell is an associate attorney with over fourteen years of experience as a landman and attorney. Courteney works with royalty owners and companies to achieve their ownership and operational goals in the oil and gas industry.
Courteney understands the complexity and value in an industry deeply rooted in the business landscape of the Midwest. Her primary practice focuses on oil and gas litigation and title. Courteney also practices in the areas of business creation, Oklahoma Corporation Commission disputes, breach of joint operating agreements, deed drafting, and other civil litigation.
Courteney graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Biology with Genetics emphasis from the University of Kansas and earned her Juris Doctorate from Oklahoma City University where she was a member of Phi Alpha Delta, the Student Bar Association and the Intellectual Property Society. She is currently a member of the Energy and Natural Resources Law and Real Property Law Section of the Oklahoma Bar Association.
About Courteney Sturgell
Current Employment Position(s)
- Associate Attorney
- Oil & Gas Title and Litigation 40%
- Commercial Litigation 20%
- Contracts 15%
- Real Estate Transactions 10%
- Creditor and Debtors’ Rights 15%
- Oklahoma, 2008
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Oklahoma, 2021
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 2021
- Texas, 2022
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Energy and Natural Resources Law Section (Member)
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Real Property Law Section (Member)
- Oklahoma City University School of Law, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Honors: Student Bar Association
Honors: Intellectual Property Society
- University of Kansas
Fraternities and Sororities
- Phi Alpha Delta
Accepts Credit Cards
Mid-Continent Tower401 S Boston Ave.Suite 500 Tulsa, OK 74103
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.