Enter legal issue and location
Marcela graduated from The University of Houston with a Bachelor of Science in Philosophy in 2017. She earned her law degree from South Texas College of Law Houston in 2020. During law school, Marcela was selected for inclusion in the invitation-only Order of Scribes and Order of Barristers. She was a Dean's Merit Scholarship recipient for all three years of law school. She also won the Dean's Outstanding Advocate Award, the Judge Sharon S. McNally Intramural Moot Court Tournament Outstanding Advocate Award, and many other moot court competition awards on a local, regional, and national level.
Marcela is a member of the State Bar of Texas. She also speaks three languages - English, Spanish, and French.
- Texas, 2020
- State Bar of Texas
- South Texas College of Law Houston, Houston, Texas, 2020
Honors: Order of Scribes
Honors: Order of Barristers
Honors: Dean’s Merit Scholarship
Honors: Dean’s Outstanding Advocate Award
Honors: South Texas College of Law Oil and Gas Society
- University of Houston, 2017
Bachelor of Science in Philosophy
Accepts Credit Cards
440 Louisiana StreetSuite 1700 Houston, TX 77002
- American Bar Association National Appellate Advocacy Competition, Regional Champion, 2020
- Hispanic National Bar Association Moot Court Competition, Competitor, 2020
- National Entertainment Law Moot Court Competition Champion and Best Petitioner Brief, Pepperdine School of Law, 2019
- National Constitutional Law Moot Court Competition Finalist, Regent University School of Law, 2019
- National Energy and Sustainability Moot Court Competition Quarterfinalist, 2019
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Advocate, American Bar Association Mediation Competition, 2019
- Judge Sharon S. McNally Intramural Moot Court Tournament Outstanding Advocate, 2018
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.