Enter legal issue and location
Cincinnati Consumer Protection Lawyer
About Michele Young
Current Employment Position(s)
- Consumer Protection
- Wrongful Death
- Constitutional Law
- Government Agencies & Programs
- Toxic Torts
- Pennsylvania, 1991
- Ohio, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1991
- Ohio Advisory Chair, Asian Pacific American Pacific Affairs Association
- Board Member, Cincinnati American Jewish Committee and Co-Founder, Black Jewish Table of Understanding
- Board Member, Ohio Justice Policy Center
- Board Member, Armed Forces Ticket Association
- Member, Potter Stewart Inn of Court, Cincinnati Bar Association
- Member, Cincinnatus Association, Inclusion Panel and Housing Court Task Force
- Board Member and Co-Founder, Kids4Peace
- Member, Cincinnati Citizens Police Association
- Member, EquaSion
- Member, Beacon Committee for Lighthouse
- Hamilton County Democratic Party, Executive Committee
- Leadership Ohio, Fellow, 2022 to 2022
Classes and Seminars
- Legal Research & Writing, Former Adjunct Law Professor, Salmon P. Chase College of Law
- Appellate Advocacy, Former Adjunct Law Professor, University of Dayton School of Law
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia, 1989
Law Review: Georgetown International Environmental Law Review, Articles Editor, 1987 – 1989
- McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, 1981
Honors: McGill Bursary
Major: English-Communications & North American Studies
- Chapter 13: Medical Malpractice Considerations Under PPACA, Healthcare Rulemaking Guide , West, 2011
- James T. O’Reilly and Michele L. Young, New Health Care Law Affects Medical Liabilities and Drives New Plaintiff Options, American Bar Association Section of Litigation, Products Liability , Summer, 2011
- James T. O’Reilly and Michele L. Young, Medical Malpractice: Avoiding Adjudicating & Litigating In The Challenging New Climate, ABA Press, 2014
- Michele Young, Local Crime Lab is Safest Bet, Cincinnati Enquirer, June 1, 2014
- Opinion: Ohio Court is not a safe haven for Asian Americans, 2021
600 Vine StreetSuite 402 Cincinnati, OH 45202
- The Enquirer’s 2020 Women of the Year
- 2020 Julia A. Stautberg Award Women Lawyers Section of the Cincinnati Bar Association
- 2019 Venue Women of Achievement Award
- 2014 Cincinnati Women’s Political Caucus Outstanding Achievement Award
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.