Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Suffolk County, NY: Child Custody Lawyers, Attorneys and Law Firms
At Cobert, Haber & Haber Attorneys at Law in Garden City, New York, we handle a range of civil and criminal issues. Our law office excels in: Family law: Divorce, custody, visitation and child support Personal injury: Car accidents and serious injury Estate planning: Probate, estate administration, wills and trusts Corporate law: Contracts, transactions and litigation Criminal law: Defense in...
When you go through a divorce in Huntington, New York, you may find it challenging to remain objective and calm. Our divorce attorneys at Brettschneider & Brettschneider LLP law office help couples navigate the tumultuous process, focus on the things that matter most and reach a favorable outcome. Divorce often comes with several other family legal matters. Clients who have children often find...
Need help with Custody & Visitation matter?
You've come to the right place. If you are a divorcing or unmarried parent a custody and visitation lawyer can help resolve legal and physical custody issues involving your children.
Use FindLaw to hire a local custody and visitation lawyer near you to assist with establishing parenting agreements and visitation schedules -- of parents and grandparents -- custody modifications, and termination of parental rights.
Need an attorney in Suffolk County, New York?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with a Suffolk County, New York attorney for legal advice.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located near you?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.