Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top Washington, DC Child Custody Lawyers - District Of Columbia
Located in Washington, D.C., the ScottVassell & LeeCC Law Firm provides exceptional representation and support to individuals, families and businesses with all their immigration needs. Serving clients throughout the region as well as across the globe, our law firm has become one of the area's leading legal practices for those who have needs involving any of the following and more: Family and...
At Anukem and Associates, LLC, in Greenbelt, Maryland, we are proud to be a full-service law firm with a strong focus on family law. We are also proud to serve clients not only in Maryland but also in Washington, D.C. We know that family law issues impact our clients on a daily basis, and we gladly put our 20-plus years of experience to work for our clients to help them do what is right for their...
Respected representation for your most personal challenges There are few things in life more personal, emotional and complicated than issues regarding families. The attorneys of Kuder, Smollar, Friedman & Mihalik have been helping clients in the District of Columbia and surrounding counties in Maryland and Virginia find the best path forward through difficult and highly stressful times....
Need help with Custody & Visitation matter?
You've come to the right place. If you are a divorcing or unmarried parent a custody and visitation lawyer can help resolve legal and physical custody issues involving your children.
Use FindLaw to hire a local custody and visitation lawyer near you to assist with establishing parenting agreements and visitation schedules -- of parents and grandparents -- custody modifications, and termination of parental rights.
Need an attorney in Washington, Dc, District Of Columbia?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with a Washington, Dc, District Of Columbia attorney for legal advice.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located near you?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.