Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top Houston Defamation Lawyers - Texas
The Kruckemeyer Law Firm is the founder of our Houston general litigation law office. Our law firm proudly serves residents and business owners living and working in Houston and across Texas's entire Gulf Coast region. Since our firm's founding in 2000, we have become known for providing high-quality representation to those facing a wide variety of legal matters, including:...
Rose Sanders Law Firm is a personal injury and family law firm committed exclusively to representing clients who have been injured or died at the hands of someone's negligence or clients going through a divorce or child custody issues. Rose Sanders Law Firm makes a personal commitment to our clients and our referral attorneys to concentrate all of our efforts, expertise, and resources on achieving...
With a strong focus on Internet, technology, and cutting-edge law, Mudd Law Offices serves domestic and international individuals, commercial entities, and non profit organizations in a wide-range of substantive areas. The Firm represents its clients in disputes and litigation (both civil and commercial), intellectual property, and transactional or contract work. Within its Internet and technology...
Clark & Clark is a Texas based law firm with over 40 years of combined legal experience. We represent major corporations, other businesses and individual clients. We are well established in tort and business litigation. We take pride in providing our clients personable service covering a wide range of legal problems, crossing a variety of legal fields. Simply put, at Clark & Clark, we...
Been the victim of Defamation?
You've come to the right place. Defamation of character can be as damaging as any physical injury including damaging you at work, among your peers, or among your friends and family. If you have been the victim of defamation, including slander or libel, then an experienced defamation attorney may be able to help.
Use FindLaw to hire a local defamation of character lawyer who can help you recover money and other damages for injuries caused by defamation against you.
Need an attorney in Houston, Texas?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with a Houston, Texas attorney for legal advice.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.