Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top Laurel State, Local & Municipal Law Lawyers - Maryland
Premises Liability-Inadequate Security Litigation, also known as Crime Victim Compensation Lawsuits: We file negligence and wrongful death lawsuits to recover monetary damages for tenants against landlords, property management companies, security guard companies, business owners and property owners concerning home invasions, wrongful death, robberies, rape & sexual...
Tax Attorney & IRS Problem Resolution Tax Lawyer Tax attorney, Kamyar Mehdiyoun, practices in Rockville, Maryland and serves the Washington, D.C. metro area including Maryland and Virginia. Since his graduation from Georgetown University Law Center with a Master of Laws degree in Taxation, he has helped individuals and small businesses in tax controversy matters such as tax audits, tax debt...
There is a reason that the Annapolis, Maryland, law firm of McNamee, Hosea, Jernigan, Kim, Greenan & Lynch, P.A., is known as the "business owner’s law firm." We have been representing clients throughout Maryland and in Alexandria, Virginia, for more than 30 years. Whether we are addressing a client’s current concern or helping with plans for the future, our attorneys make it a point to keep...
If you live in or around Baltimore, Maryland, and you seek to challenge a previous court's ruling regarding a criminal or civil matter affecting your life, your business, your livelihood or your freedom, you can turn to the legal professionals at the Law Offices of Thomas M. Donnelly, LLC, for the quality, effective representation you need. Along with maintaining a successful appellate practice,...
Need help with State, Local & Municipal Law?
You've come to the right place. If your legal issue is related to matters like land use, public services, city planning, and safety issues, a state, local, & municipal law attorney can help.
Use FindLaw to hire a local state, local & municipal law attorney to represent you in regulatory hearings before state and local government commissions.
Need an attorney in Laurel, Maryland?
FindLaw's Lawyer Directory is the largest online directory of attorneys. Browse more than one million listings, covering everything from criminal defense to personal injury to estate planning.
Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm's area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire.
Use the contact form on the profiles to connect with a Laurel, Maryland attorney for legal advice.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.