Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Riverside County, CA: Wrongful Termination Lawyers, Attorneys and Law Firms
Based in Pasadena, The Azat Law Group serves clients across Southern California. Our experienced attorneys handle cannabis law, criminal defense, personal injury, labor, employment and real estate cases. We have a reputation for exceptional customer service and even better results. What sets our law firm apart is simple: We are former prosecutors who know how to navigate a courtroom. We represent...
Attorneys Daniel Stevens and Heather McMillan are the partners behind our Tustin law firm, Stevens & McMillan. Since the founding of our firm, we have exclusively represented employees who have endured illegal employment practices. Today, thanks to our long record of success, the residents of California's Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino counties know to turn to us for help with cases...
Shanberg Stafford LLP is a business litigation and counseling law firm comprised of experienced attorneys with backgrounds in both litigation and transactional matters. We have experience in all aspects of commercial litigation, including contract disputes, trade secret protection, labor and employment law, and product defect litigation. Our clients range from sole proprietors to small local...
LARGEST WRONGFUL DEATH SETTLEMENT IN THE HISTORY OF SAN BERNARDINO AND RIVERSIDE COUNTIES. Located in San Bernardino, California, Sanford A. Kassel, A Professional Law Corporation, is dedicated to protecting the rights and entitlements of our clients. Serving San Bernardino, Riverside and Orange counties, as well as all of Southern California and the Inland Empire, the attorneys at our law...
Speak With A Wrongful Termination Lawyer If You Were Fired In Riverside County, CA
If you were fired and believe that your termination was illegal, an employment attorney who handles wrongful termination cases in Riverside County, California, may be able to help.
Employment lawyers protect the rights of people who have been fired in a variety of ways. They handle wrongful termination lawsuits, file complaints with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and related state-level organizations and provide trusted advice to those who need it the most.
We've put together a list of lawyers and law firms in your area so that you can get the legal advice you need to pursue your wrongful termination claim.
Types Of Wrongful Termination
A lawyer can help you determine if your firing was allowed under the law, or whether it violated federal laws, California laws or local ordinances related to:
- Discriminatory reasons, including employment discrimination based on race, color, national origin, age, sex (including issues related to pregnancy and sexual orientation), religious beliefs or disability status.
- Retaliation for taking medical leave (including leave related to COVID-19/coronavirus), reporting sexual harassment, seeking workers' compensation benefits, being a whistleblower or helping with whistleblowing activities, or filing a personal injury claim or pursuing other legal issues against the company or its employees.
- Breaking an employment contract or violation of an employment agreement.
- Other illegal reasons for termination that run counter to public policy and California law.
An attorney can help you sort through these and other potential causes of your wrongful termination, as well as stand up for your rights if your former employer claims that you were let go for allowable reasons such as being an at-will employee.
What Questions Should I Ask A Wrongful Termination Lawyer?
Not sure what to ask a wrongful termination attorney? Here are a few sample questions to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many employment law cases have you handled?
- How much does a wrongful termination case cost?
- Where is your law office in Riverside County located?
- What are the next steps?
Want To Check Lawyer Discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.