Rolla Personal Injury Lawyer
Stephen F. Gaunt was born in Columbia, Missouri. Mr. Gaunt was licensed and admitted to the Missouri Bar in 1985. Mr. Gaunt is also licensed to practice in the U.S. District Court, Eastern District and the U.S. District Court, Western District. Mr. Gaunt graduated cum laude in 1982 from the University of Missouri - Columbia and received his Juris Doctorate degree from University of Missouri - Columbia School of Law in 1985. Mr. Gaunt was selected to membership in Phi Beta Kappa and the Golden Key International Honor Society. He served as a Law Clerk to the Honorable James R. Reinhard, Judge of the Missouri Court of Appeals, Eastern District from 1985-1987 and to the Honorable Albert L. Rendlen, Judge of the Missouri Supreme Court from 1987-1989. He is a member of the Missouri Bar, the Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, the Cole County and Phelps County Bar Associations. Mr. Gaunt is also a member of the Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys and the American Association for Justice. Mr. Gaunt's law practice focuses primarily on: Personal Injury, Workers Compensation and General Litigation.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.