Enter legal issue and location
San Jose Estate Planning Law Firm
Our law office offers assistance with estate administration as well as a full range of traditional planning documents, such as wills, trusts and guardianships. We help our clients avoid probate and prepare their finances before they are unable to manage their own affairs. Our attorneys also help with niche issues pertaining to:
• Asset protection
• Business successions
• Public benefits
• Special needs
• Tax considerations
In an effort to give people as much information as possible and put them in charge, we offer customized planning via our 3-Step Master Plan. Each client receives a comprehensive seminar and designs an estate plan based on his or her goals before our attorneys review and prepare the final product. We also provide annual account maintenance with our convenient LifePlan. The Law Offices of Berge & Berge invite prospective clients from across the San Jose metropolitan area to call us and set up a consultation to discuss your case and propose the best solution to your estate planning needs. We accept checks and credit cards as payment for all our services.
- Law Firm Info
- Go through email verification, and reviewers must verify their email addresses.
- Can be confirmed and flagged as a verified client by law firms.
- Can be reported and subjected to removal if they violate FindLaw.com's Terms of Service.
Click here to view our Terms of Service.
About Law Offices of Berge & Berge LLP
- English (Primary)
- Estate Planning 30%
- Trusts 30%
- Probate & Estate Administration 20%
- Elder Law 10%
- Wills 10%
- Top Lawyers in California, The Legal Network, - 2013
- Special Needs Trusts: Planning, Drafting, and Administration , CEB, June, 2008
Offers Free Initial Consultation
Accepts Credit Cards
1101 S. Winchester Blvd.Suite I-208 San Jose, CA 95128
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.