Enter legal issue and location
Towson Criminal Defense Law Firm
I am former Assistant State's Attorney for Baltimore City and have been in the private practice of criminal and drunk driving law for 20 years. My tag says "No Plea" because I am known for my trying cases. Many lawyers look to get in and out of court as quickly as possible. My objective is to secure the best possible outcome for my clients. I'm no pallbearer. I handle all state and federal criminal and traffic matters, including appeals to the Court of Special Appeals and the Court of Appeals.
- Law Firm Info
- Go through email verification, and reviewers must verify their email addresses.
- Can be confirmed and flagged as a verified client by law firms.
- Can be reported and subjected to removal if they violate FindLaw.com's Terms of Service.
FindLaw.com is doing its part in combating fake reviews. All reviews:
Click here to view our Terms of Service.
About Gary S. Bernstein, P.A.
- Criminal Defense
- Personal Injury And Wrongful Death
- Criminal Practice & Procedure in the District Court of Maryland, Maryland Institute for Continuing Professional Education of Lawyers, Inc. 1982 to present
- Handling the DWI Case, Maryland Institute for Continuing Professional Education of Lawyers, Inc. 1982 to present
Classes and Seminars
- Handling the DWI Case, Maryland Institute for Continuing Professional Education of Lawyers, Inc., 1982 - Present
- Criminal Practice & Procedure in the District Court of Maryland, Maryland Institute for Continuing Professional Education of Lawyers, Inc., 1982 - Present
Pro Bono Activities
- Criminal Code Revision Committee, -
- Criminal Law Revision Committee, - Present
- Board of Directors, Maryland Criminal Defense Attorney's Association
- Livingston v. State, 317 Md. 408 (Ct. of Appeals 1989)
- Hardaway v. State, 317 Md. 160 (Ct of Appeals 1989)
- State v. Davis, 310 Md 611 (Ct. of Appeals 1987)
- Mullaney v. Aude, 736 A.2d 1065 (Ct of Sp. App. 1999)
- Craig v. State, 316 Md. 551 (Ct. of Appeals 1989)
- B.N. v. K.K, 312 Md. 135 (Ct. of Appeals 1988)
- Gary S. Bernstein (Attorney)
Offers Free Initial Consultation
Accepts Credit Cards
215 Washington AvenueSuite 700 Towson, MD 21204
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.