Enter legal issue and location
Brooklyn Family Court Unit350 Jay Street Brooklyn, NY 11201
- (718) 222-2373
New York City Law Department (Main Office) 100 Church Street New York, NY 10007 (212) 788-0303
New York City Law Dept. Tort Division 350 Jay Street Brooklyn, NY 11201 (718) 222-2000
New York City Homeless Services Dept. Room 1426 161 Williams St New York, NY 10038 - 2607
New York City Spec Comm For Invest of Nyc School District 25 Broadway, 8th Floor Attn: Philip Rizzo New York, NY 10004 - 1010 (212) 510-1400
The City of New York Environmental Control Board 66 John Street, 10th Floor New York, NY 10038 (212) 560-6270
New York City Law Department Manhattan Family Court Unit 60 Lafayette Street New York, NY 10013 (212) 442-6860
New York City Civil Service Comm. Room 2300 1 Centre Street New York, NY 10007 - 1602
New York City Queens Family Cover Div 89-14 Parsons Blvd Jamaica, NY 11432 - 6035 (718) 658-0500
New York City Comptrollers Office - General Counsel Municipal Building Room 625 One Centre Street New York, NY 10007 (212) 669-7778
New York City Law Dept. Tort Division 7th Floor 80-02 Kew Gardens Rd Queens, NY 11415 - 3600 (718) 261-8490
New York City Law Dept.Tort Division 3rd Floor 198 E 161st St Bronx, NY 10451 - 3513 (718) 590-3487
New York City Administrative Trials & Hearing Office 6th Floor 40 Rector St New York, NY 10006 - 1705 (212) 442-4940
New York City Conflicts of Interest Board 10th Floor 2 Lafayette St New York, NY 10007 - 1307 (212) 442-1400
New York City Law Dept Family Court Division 900 Sherdian Ave Bronx, NY 10451 - 3306 (718) 590-3255
New York City Mayors Office of Labor Relations 4th Floor 40 Rector St New York, NY 10006 - 1705
New York City 1 Centre St Rm 2400 New York, NY 10007 - 1602
City of New York Queens Borough Public Library PO Box 999 89-11 Merrick Blvd Jamaica, NY 11432 - 5200 (718) 990-0801
New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene Gotham Center 42-09 28th Street Room 10-85 Queens, NY 11101 - 4132
New York City Law Department 100 Gold Street New York, NY 10038 212-863-5604
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.