Enter legal issue and location
Gary S. Bernstein - Towson, MD
215 Washington AvenueSuite 700 Towson, MD 21204
Gary S. Bernstein, P.A.
Towson DUI Lawyer
I am former Assistant State's Attorney for Baltimore City and have been in the private practice of criminal and drunk driving law for 30 years. My tag says "No Plea" because I am known for trying cases. Many lawyers look to get in and out of court as quickly as possible. My objective is to secure the best possible outcome for my clients. I'm no pallbearer. I handle all state and federal criminal and traffic matters, including appeals to the Court of Special Appeals and the Court of Appeals.
About Gary S. Bernstein
Current Employment Position(s)
- Criminal Law
- Drunk Driving
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Livingston v. State, 317 Md. 408 (Ct. of Appeals 1989)
- Hardaway v. State, 317 Md. 160 (Ct of Appeals 1989)
- State v. Davis, 310 Md 611 (Ct. of Appeals 1987)
- Mullaney v. Aude, 736 A.2d 1065 (Ct of Sp. App. 1999)
- Craig v. State, 316 Md. 551 (Ct. of Appeals 1989)
- B.N. v. K.K., 312 Md. 135 (Ct. of Appeals 1988)
- Maryland, 1976
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1976
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland, 1976
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1980
- Maryland Criminal Defense Attorneys Association, 1986 - Present (Director)
Classes and Seminars
- Handling the DWI Case, Maryland Institute for Continuing Professional Education of Lawyers, Inc., 1982 - Present
- Criminal Practice & Procedure in the District Court of Maryland, Maryland Institute for Continuing Professional Education of Lawyers, Inc., 1982 - Present
Pro Bono Activities
- Criminal Code Revision Committee, 2000 - 2001
- Criminal Law Revision Committee, 1997 - 2004
- Board of Directors Maryland Criminal Defense Attorney's Association
- Assistant State's Attorney, Baltimore City
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
Honors: cum laude
- University of Maryland, College Park, MD, 1972
Fraternities and Sororities
- Zeta Beta Tau
Offers Free Initial Consultation
Accepts Credit Cards
- Criminal Practice & Procedure in the District Court of Maryland, Maryland Institute for Continuing Professional Education of Lawyers, Inc. 1982 to present
- Handling the DWI Case, Maryland Institute for Continuing Professional Education of Lawyers, Inc. 1982 to present
- Defending DUI, MICPEL, 1984-2002
215 Washington AvenueSuite 700 Towson, MD 21204
- (410) 823-0610
Other Sources of Feedback About Gary S. Bernstein
Included on the 2023 Maryland list
- 2022 Maryland Super Lawyers list
- 2021 Maryland Super Lawyers list
- 2020 Maryland Super Lawyers list
- 2019 Maryland Super Lawyers list
- 2018 Maryland Super Lawyers list
- 2017 Maryland Super Lawyers list
- 2016 Maryland Super Lawyers list
- 2015 Maryland Super Lawyers list
- 2014 Maryland Super Lawyers list
- 2013 Maryland Super Lawyers list
- 2012 Maryland Super Lawyers list
- 2011 Maryland Super Lawyers list
- 2010 Maryland Super Lawyers list
- 2009 Maryland Super Lawyers list
- 2008 Maryland Super Lawyers list
- 2007 Maryland Super Lawyers list
- Maryland Super Lawyer for Criminal Defense: DWI/DUI, 2007 - 2023
- Best Lawyers in America, 2008 - 2023
- AV Peer Review, Martindale-Hubbell, since 1990
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.