Enter legal issue and location
Portland Real Estate Law Lawyer
Nick earned his BA in Journalism/Rhetoric from the University of Iowa in 1997 and graduated from the University of Oregon School of Law in 2000...
Nick earned his BA in Journalism/Rhetoric from the University of Iowa in 1997 and graduated from the University of Oregon School of Law in 2000...Nick is a founding partner of Slinde Nelson, practicing business and real estate law in the Pacific Northwest for twenty years. For the last five years, Nick has focused on helping startup companies leverage strategic relationships, develop channel access and execute on revenue generation strategies.
Nick earned his BA in Journalism/Rhetoric from the University of Iowa in 1997 and graduated from the University of Oregon School of Law in 2000. Nick has previously served as a member of the Board of Directors for the American Red Cross and Classic Wine Auction. In his spare time Nick enjoys playing golf and spending time with his wife Crissy and two children, Wyatt and Emerson.
About Nicholas J. Slinde
Current Employment Position(s)
- Founding Partner
- Real Estate Law
- Business Law
- Construction Defect and Litigation
- Construction Law
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Condominiums and Homeowner Associations
- Emerging Business and Technology
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Environmental / Tax Credits
- Non-Competition and Non-Compete Agreements
- Debt Restructuring
- Dispute Resolution, Arbitration, and Mediation
- Oregon State Bar, Construction Section & Business Litigation Section
- Washington State Bar
- Multnomah Bar Association
- U.S. District Court of Oregon
- Oregon Trial Lawyer’s Association
Classes and Seminars
- Member of the Board of Directors for Classic Wine Auction, Inc.
- Past Member of the Board of Directors for the American Red Cross
- Grenley Rotenberg Bragg Evans & Bodie PC
- Landye Bennett Blumstein LLP
- Carbon Trader LLC, Co-founder and CEO
- University of Oregon School of Law, Eugene, Oregon, 2000
- University of Iowa, 1997
Major: Journalism and Rhetoric
Offers Free Initial Consultation
425 NW 10th AvenueSuite 200 Portland, OR 97209
Other Sources of Feedback About Nicholas J. Slinde
Included on the 2014 Oregon list
- 2013 Oregon Super Lawyers list
- 2012 Oregon Super Lawyers list
- 2010 Oregon Super Lawyers list
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.