Schererville Family Law Firm
If you have been arrested for DUI or other serious crimes in Northwest Indiana, representation from a criminal defense lawyer focused on protecting...
If you have been arrested for DUI or other serious crimes in Northwest Indiana, representation from a criminal defense lawyer focused on protecting...Criminal charges, divorces and car accidents are life-changing events that require the help of a dedicated and experienced lawyer. R. Cordell Funk was joined by David M. Wendlinger, and together, both attorneys combine 50 years of experience in helping fellow Northwest Indiana residents resolve legally complex and emotionally charged problems.
If you have been arrested for DUI or other serious crimes in Northwest Indiana, representation from a criminal defense lawyer focused on protecting your rights is a definite advantage. Going through a divorce is stressful, going through it without a family law attorney at your side to look out for your best interests and those of your children in custody and support can be outright scary. Insurance companies waste little time in contacting victims of car or work accident claims before a lawyer is retained, hoping for a quick and quite minimal settlement. Insure that you are receiving the best settlement possible by having an experienced personal injury or worker's compensation attorney at your side.
With several decades of practicing law at various Indiana law firms, Harrison Centennial Service Award-winning attorney R. Cordell Funk has committed himself to his clients, the Lake County community and his profession. He is the co-founder of the Lake County Bar Association. He would also serve as their first president with two more terms to follow. He is one of the county's most active Family Law mediators and also serves as a Guardian ad Litem for children.
For the convenience of his clients, Funk & Wendlinger, LLC offers a free initial consultation at his law firm for clients to discuss their serious legal problems. Funk & Wendlinger, LLC also accepts credit cards.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.