Enter legal issue and location
Garden City Criminal Matrimonial Law Firm
In addition, Ms. Stone is a member of the Character and Fitness Committee of the Appellate Division, Second Department for the Second, Tenth, and Eleventh Judicial Districts since 1996, and has recently been appointed as a member of the Advisory Committee for Judicial Hearing Officers and appointed to the Nassau County Women's Bar Judiciary Screening Committee.
Ms. Stone has lectured both at Hofstra University School of Law on Family Law as well as lecturing on both family and matrimonial matters at St. John's University School of Law. In addition, Ms. Stone is a Mentor as part of the Family Law Externship Program for Family Law class at Hofstra Law School having law students intern in her office, as well as participating in the Senior Experience for a High School, mentoring students interested in the practice of law. Ms. Stone has appeared on national TV on the Sally Jessie Rafael show, as an expert in children's rights. Just recently, she received the Juridis Peridis Award from the Court Officers Benevolent Association, which is presented to outstanding Attorneys who practice in the Nassau County Courts.
Ms. Stone has been quoted on numerous occasions in the New York Law Journal, as well as various local newspapers and has been interviewed by the news media regarding high profile cases that she has handled.
About Jill C. Stone, Esq., PC
- Criminal Matrimonial
- Family Law
- Juridis Peridis Award, Court Officers Benevolent Association
- 2016 Outstanding Woman in the Law, Hofstra Law Center for Children, Families and the Law
Classes and Seminars
Lecturer, Family law, Hofstra University School of Law
Lecturer, Matrimonial Matters, St. John's University School of Law
- Mentor, Family Law Externship Program for Family Law, Hofstra Law School
Accepts Credit Cards
591 Stewart Avenue 4th Floor Garden City, NY 11530
Jill C. Stone, Esq., PC 118-21 Queens Blvd Suite 306 Forest Hills, NY 11375 - 7209 516-679-4300
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our West Legal Directory disclaimers. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.