St. Louis Personal Injury Law Firm
The Law Firm of Thomas SanFilippo & Associates, LLC is committed to delivering only the best possible results for each and every client, without exception. In our unrelenting pursuit of our clients’ interests and firmly holding an unshakable defense of their rights, we fight to win. We make no secret of our willingness to boldly push the bounds of what is generally accepted by others in our profession as likely or even possible. We stand on our reputation for always achieving a successful outcome for our clients and for our unwavering commitment to only highest standard of quality in our legal work. We strictly represent individuals and, occasionally, small businesses against large corporate defendants and/or their insurance companies who seek to thrust legitimate and meritorious claims into litigation at the expense of their insured customers. We do not ever, under any circumstances represent insurance companies, corporate defendants, or large companies. We proudly serve the St. Louis community and plaintiffs throughout the State of Missouri and across the United States. Initial consultations are always free of charge and confidential.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.