Enter legal issue and location
Decatur HOA cases Law Firm
About Carlton Law LLC
- HOA cases
- Matthew W. Carlton (Founding Member)
125 Clairemont Ave.Suite 470 Decatur, GA 30030
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
Celled and spoke with Carlton for a consultation. During the call he was very unpleasant and wasn't willing to help.
Recommends this Law Firm
5 stars I called upon Attorney Matthew Carlton last week to review our HOA documents and ACC guidelines. He took his time and had only 4-business days to get familiar with our documents. My wife and I invited him on our Zoom call on 12/8/20. By the time he spoke on our behalf last night to our HOA Board and ACC governing body, he was well versed and fully prepared in explaining to everyone our POA (Property Owners Association), our rights etc. He was very knowledgeable about voting rights and amongst other things, keeping harmony in a Subdivision. He was absolutely a homerun hire!! We will definitely call upon Attorney Carlton without hesitation shall the need arise!!! Thanks Matt!!
Recommends this Law Firm
Attorney Carlton, your performance against the Prosecuting Attorney and ENTIRE courtroom was totally STELLAR at Every Level. I was impressed with your Opening Remarks; Questioning Techniques; Deliverly of selected Evidence; Cross Examination skills; Objection methods to the Prosecuting Attorney/Judge: and your Entire Strategy and Closing remarks based on a Preponderance of the Evidence was Well prepared and thought out: I was Ecstatic with the Out-come. I would recommend you 100%. THANK YOU
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.