Fullerton Family Law Lawyer
Prior to entering the field of law, Mr. Stanton was a consumer loan and a real estate lending officer and underwriter with the nation's largest private credit union, United Airlines Employee Credit Union.
Mr. Stanton is a member of the California State Bar, the California State Bar Family Law Section, the California State Bar Estate Planning Section, and is admitted to practice before the District Court of the United States, Central District of California.
Mr. Stanton is on the board or advises the following non-profit organizations:
With Hope, The Amber Craig Foundation (dedicated to preventing teen suicide): www.withhopefoundation.org
Parents & Friends of St. Joseph Catholic School (supporting the mission of St. Joseph Catholic Grade School, Placentia): http//:stjosephpf.org
Mr. Stanton has been married to Grace Stanton since 1988, and they have three sons, Liam, Conor and Sean, plus our "occasionally adopted son" Jake Day. They are parishioners of St. Joseph Catholic Church in Placentia, California, and his sons attended grade school there. Liam graduated from California State University, Fullerton (CSUF), Conor graduated from The University of California, Irvine (UCI), and Sean attends the Tisch School of Television and Film at New York University (NYU); All three boys graduated from Servite High School in Anaheim (GO FRIARS!).
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.