Enter legal issue and location
Sarasota Education Law Firm
About Windsor Law LLC
- Education Law
- 12th Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Award for 100 Plus Hours of Donated Time, 2013
Pro Bono Activities
- Legal Aid of Manasota, 2011
- Rotary International Member ? Southside Sarasota Chapter
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers (FAWL) ? Sarasota Chapter
- Business Networking International (BNI) ? Lakewood Ranch Chapter
- Successful Women Aligning Together (SWAT) Manasota Chapter
- Former Guardian ad Litem - Hillsborough County Thirteenth Judicial Court
- Jeanne H. Brittain, Paralegal
- Amy Lanman, Administrative Assistant
2014 4th Street Sarasota, FL 34237
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
Recommends this Law Firm
My kid in high school experienced a tough situation, where an unfair decision was made without following the proper process. We were exhausted and completely stressed out and reached out to Mrs. Windsor. She took time from her busy day and responded to us later Friday evening. She listened carefully to the case and gave advice through a free consultation, and left it to us to decide on the need to go through the legal process later. By following her advice, we got the issue resolved in a week with satisfactory results. Mrs. Winsor is great and empathetic. I would strongly recommend her to other students who need help.
Although very well informed on local issues with IEPs I would not recommend this firm for more complex issues. We payed for our services only to find out she had to bring in another attorney to help on Due Processes issues.. Long story short, paid a hefty retainer so I can give them Paperwork.. They would tell me not to file due process.. I fired them hired an experienced firm. Took my case all the way to Federal Court. school settled, got my child back in A Private NY school paid by district and a settlement..
Recommends this Law Firm
Attorney Windsor CARES about her clients and their legal matters. When I needed an attorney to assist me with my legal issue, Atty. Windsor was there immediately to help. She replied to me instantly when I reached out for assistance, took my case, and worked with me to make the process affordable by allowing me to help write some of the Complaint as well as by doing some Pro Bono hours for me. It means the world to me that in a time where I unfortunately had very little support, Attorney Windsor was there for me. She went above and beyond simply resolving my legal issue. She worked with me to find solutions to other problems related to the legal matter that would help me in the future as well, and she always considered the whole picture in her decision making. If you are a student with disabilities and you are having issues with your school/university accommodating you properly, Jane Windsor is THE attorney in Florida to speak to.
Recommends this Law Firm
Attorney Jane Windsor is such a delight to work with, SOOOO down to earth. I came to her completely stressed out with minor son under significant duress , which was multifactorial. This was compounded by him being away at an out of state boarding school for sports, 2500 miles from me. Fatherly instincts told me to go on full defense of my son. Jane was there to bring me into a more clear reality yet protect my son’s interest to the fullest. Her staff is equally amazing and warm. I felt like I truly had allies that I had known for years. What was clear up from the initial discussions, that Jane was not going to take the case to “make money” off of the client. Jane really did look at everything before committing to helping out. The rates are WELL within reason. I enjoyed the most watching Jane interview my son. Afterwards he felt empowered even being away from his parents. That alone calmed many of my fears. I have my son back at home out of the negative situation, fully whole and happy as he should be. He back to his norm (advanced sports and advanced mathematics), smiling from Ear to Ear. Jane is a Rockstar! Thanks so much Attorney Windsor! Dr. Banks
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.