Search Top Lawyers Near You
Enter legal issue and location
Top Miami Truck Accident Lawyers - Florida
Help From A Miami Truck Accident Lawyer
Following a trucking accident in Florida, one of the most important decisions you will make is which lawyer to hire. As soon as a trucking company learns about the accident, their insurance company will start working and may try to deny liability for the crash. You need a strong personal injury attorney to stand up to them and seek to maximize the compensation that you receive, otherwise you'll be left to deal with these massive companies and their army of lawyers on your own.
On this page, you'll find a list of some of the best law offices and Florida truck accident lawyers serving Miami, Miami Beach, and Miami-Dade County.
How Does A Truck Accident Attorney Help?
When large commercial vehicles, such as semi-trucks, collide with passenger vehicles, it often leads to catastrophic injuries or even the loss of a loved one. In the accident claims and personal injury cases that follow these accidents, an attorney can:
- Investigate: In addition to general investigation of the scene, your medical records, and other parts of your case, your lawyer can determine whether a trucker violated any of the commercial truck regulations set by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). If that happened, it can strengthen your case.
- Handle correspondence: After a truck crash, you might be flooded by correspondence from insurance companies and opposing lawyers. Your attorney can take care of much of this for you so that you can concentrate on the healing process.
- Provide guidance: When you work with a reputable personal injury law firm, your attorney will give you the advice you need to make sound decisions and have the best chance possible at recovering compensation for your injuries, property damage, and other losses.
Causes Of Truck Accidents
- Driver fatigue: Under federal law, truck drivers are only allowed to operate their tractor-trailers for a certain number of hours at a time. When they violate these rules to increase their production, they can become fatigued, make bad decisions, and cause serious injuries.
- Faulty equipment: Commercial drivers and trucking companies may cut corners on maintenance schedules or using proper safety equipment (such as straps that secure heavy loads), and motorists are the ones who pay the price. If a truck malfunctions or a big rig's load comes loose, the situation can quickly turn deadly for truck accident victims.
- Dangerous driving: Many Florida truck accidents occur when truck drivers make improper driving maneuvers (turning where they shouldn't, merging without looking), or simply break the law (running a red light, speeding).
Common Truck Accident Injuries
Some of the most common injuries that result when a motor vehicle accident involves a large truck smashing into a smaller vehicle are: spinal cord injuries, broken bones, brain injuries, amputation, paralysis, and other serious injuries. These injuries lead to massive medical bills, huge potential medical costs and rehabilitation needs, and a variety of other long-term consequences.
Contact A Miami Truck Accident Attorney For The Help You Need
In most truck accident cases, law firms offer free consultations and will send a lawyer to your location if you are too injured to visit their offices. Whether you need to discuss a trucking accident, car accident, wrongful death claim, or other legal matter, reach out to the attorneys listed on this page to get trusted advice from an experienced Miami personal injury lawyer.
Court Locations in Miami, Fl
Miami, FL 33125
Miami, FL 33130
Miami, FL 33128